Mr. Ford is the chairman of PlainsCapital Bank, as well as the CEO and president of PlainsCapital’s parent company, Hilltop Holdings.
Mr. Ford oversees all functional areas at PlainsCapital Bank, including finance, legal, risk, compliance, internal audit, marketing, information technology, information security, human resources, and corporate development.
Mr. Ford also serves as director of Hilltop Holdings and chairman of Hilltop’s Executive Committee, overseeing operations at all of Hilltop Holdings’ wholly owned subsidiaries: PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending, and HilltopSecurities.
- More than 21 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Active in all mergers and acquisitions for Hilltop including The Bank of River Oaks in 2018, SWS Group, Inc., in 2015, First National Bank of Edinburg in 2013, and PlainsCapital Corporation in 2012
- Led the sale of National Lloyds to Align Financial Holdings in 2020.
- B.B.A. in finance, University of Texas
- M.B.A. in finance, Columbia Business School
- First Acceptance Corporation chairman
- University of Texas at Austin Development board member
- University of Texas at Austin Longhorn Foundation member
- Constantine Foundation member
- Children’s Medical Center of Dallas board member